GU Patrol Problems - Sorted!!!

Submitted: Monday, Oct 08, 2007 at 22:24
ThreadID: 50367 Views:2637 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All,

Just posting a follow up to my previous threads, 49809 & 49677 (Poor performance & rattle at idle from my 3.0TD Patrol).

After no promised return phone call from Nissan Service after they couldn't figure out the problem and said they had emailed Head Office seeking advice, I took the car to Diesel Australia at Slacks Creek on South Side of Brisbane. In short, these guys were great to deal with, know what they are talking about, and took the time to do some diagnostics whilst I waited after me just rocking in off the street.

Turns out the Injector Pump, ECU and MAF Sensor needed replacement. Total cost to recondition the pump, new ECU, MAFS, wiring loom and other small stuff was $3200.00, inclusive of labour. A bit better than the $5200.00 quoted from Nissan just to do the Pump!! I tried to claim on Insurance...Looked promising to start with however Assessor rejected the claim once he discovered the wear on the pump had occured over a period of time. So the lesson here...Make the the failure is contributed to a recent batch of contaminated fuel. If you are a Brisbanite, I thouroughly recommend these guys at Slacks Creek. Following the repair, we did the Coffs Coast Trek over the School holidays and the car ran like a dream. All for now, thanks all for your previous advice and safe travels for you all.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links